Pupil Premium Information
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of students who are eligible for pupil premium funding.
Whilst we appreciate that every student is unique, there are some common factors that enable students to do well. Our Pupil Premium strategy is centred around improving the school experience for students. We aim to secure excellent achievement and progress for those students who are eligible for the pupil premium funding by:
- Promoting the importance of good attendance and offering support to students and families where needed
- Ensuring that the Howard of Effingham is a welcoming and inclusive place for all members of our community
- Raising Aspirations and providing opportunities for students to engage with further education opportunities and employers
- High quality teaching and feedback
- Ensuring that all students have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities
- Excellent pastoral care
- Ensuring students have the opportunity to develop the literacy and numeracy skills they need to be successful
Our three year Pupil Premium Strategy can be found here. This outlines how we plan to use the Pupil Premium funding to support our students both academically and pastorally. This strategy covers the academic years between 2021-2024.
Funding is available to support students with Free School Meals.