KS4 Options Information
KS4 Curriculum Information Evening
Please click here for the slides from January 2024
What support will students have to choose their optional subjects this year?
We will provide for all students and their parents/carers:
- a KS4 Curriculum Information Evening Presentation will be uploaded after the information evening
- a curriculum e-booklet with all course information
- videos about each options subject
- an opportunity for preliminary conversations about KS4 courses with subject teachers at the Options' Open Evening
- a Learning4Life programme designed to support students in choosing their option, including specific information about subjects not taught at KS3
- If you have any questions regarding the Options process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I support my child?
Following the options evening we would greatly appreciate parents/carers supporting students by:
- reading the curriculum booklet together with your child and discussing initial thoughts at home
- noting any questions to ask the relevant member of staff e.g. subject teachers or members of the Year Team
- asking questions about the courses they might find interesting and which they need for their next steps (activities in the Learning4Life programme will support this too)
It is strongly advised, if your child is on the SEND Register at SEND Support or if they have an EHCP, that you contact Mrs Faulkner (SENCo) to discuss the options available to them.
For more information about EBacc subjects and the benefits of studying languages please click here.