The Howard is proud to work within a range of partnerships beyond The Howard Partnership Trust to support young people across Surrey.
Effingham Learning Partnership
The Effingham Learning Partnership is a confederation consisting of eleven schools, at infant, junior, primary and secondary level. The schools are: The Raleigh, Eastwick Infant and Eastwick Junior, St Matthew’s C of E Infant, the Royal Kent, Fetcham Village Infant, Howard of Effingham, Great Bookham, Polesden Lacey Infant, Oakfield Junior School and St Lawrence Primary School.
The confederation is engaged in the implementation of a wide range of initiatives designed to have a positive impact on the learning outcomes and wellbeing of children in the eleven schools. Some key priorities are set out below:
Supporting vulnerable children/families
Providing access to support from ELP Home School Link Workers
- Securing external funding to enhance support for children with SEND and their families, for example accessing dyslexia, anxiety and online safety training, sponsored by ACS Cobham
- Providing information/support sessions for parents as appropriate
- Creating a forum through the SENDco group to facilitate the sharing of best practice/resources
- Offering free access to ELP holiday scheme in summer holidays at Howard of Effingham for vulnerable children
- Facilitating smooth transition through effective communication, shared approaches, strategies and policies
- Offering targeted CPD for specialist teachers as required
- Conducting joint review and alignment of attendance policies
Promoting Learning and Achievement
Creating Maths, English and Science initiatives to support objectives related to learning and achievement
- Addressing schools’ Teaching and Learning objectives through specialist network meetings, such as moderation meetings.
- Providing community learning and performance experience though the Infant Music Festival
- Creating a vehicle for pupil voice through the KS1 and KS2 Confederation Councils.
- Offering a positive holiday environment and personal development opportunities through the ELP Holiday Scheme
- Putting together external bids to fund curriculum enrichment activities, such as the ukulele and djembe initiatives, and, currently, Our Oceans: Our Future, a science project in liaison with Natural History Museum.
Providing Targeted Continuing Professional Development
Sharing school improvement priorities and sourcing relevant joint training opportunities
- Negotiating joint subscription to National College to address training needs for wide range of staff
- Providing an effective forum for strategic/development/policy issues though the ELP Heads’ meetings
- Specialist and year group staff meet to share best practice, undertake moderation and develop joint initiatives
- Relevant ad hoc CPD workshops are delivered according to school priorities.
West Surrey Partnership
We are a cross-phase, cross-sector partnership of schools established in 2022. We intend to work together for the mutual benefit of all our students and staff regardless of school, situation or background. Our guiding principles are mutual respect, collaboration and citizenship. Through the partnership, we aim to encourage all to engage with opportunities that capture imagination and interest.
Please see https://www.westsurreypartnership.co.uk
Guildford 11-18 Partnership (Guildford 11-19 Partnership - Schools Together)
The Guildford 11-19 Partnership consists of twelve educational establishments in the Guildford Area who are committed to collaboration around the provision of secondary education for the children and young people of the borough.
The vision of the Partnership is to increase and widen participation, offer a coherency of provision across all settings, raise both the achievement and attainment of our students and ensure that all learners have equal opportunities to progress to further learning or skilled employment.
An alliance made up of schools and other partners to deliver a high quality, cohesive, coordinated school-led improvement system to serve all children and schools, from nursery to post-16.
I2i Teaching Partnership i2i Teaching Partnership (i2ipartnership.co.uk)
An alliance of highly successful secondary schools in Surrey, Hampshire, Middlesex and Berkshire delivering a first class and highly supportive School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programme leading to both QTS and PGCE for aspiring secondary school teachers.